IMPORTANT NOTICE: The deadlines of abstract submission and full paper submission have been extended to April 1, 2017 and April 7, 2017, respectively. This is the final extension.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: The deadline for full paper submission has been extended to April 1, 2017. Paper abstracts (title, abstract and list of authors) should be uploaded by March 22, 2017. UTC-08:00 is applied to the dues.
Call for Papers
We are pleased to issue the Call for Papers for the Fourteenth IAPR International Conference on Document Analysis and Recognition (ICDAR2017). Sponsored by the International Association for Pattern Recognition and its technical committees TC-10 (Graphics Recognition) and TC-11 (Reading Systems), ICDAR is the premier international forum for researchers and practitioners in the document analysis community. The conference will take place in Kyoto, Japan during November 9-15, 2017, and is intended to provide a wide range of opportunities for identifying, encouraging, and exchanging ideas on the state of the art in document analysis, understanding, retrieval, and performance evaluation. The term “document” in the context of ICDAR encompasses a broad range of sources, from historical forms such as palm leaves and papyrus, to traditional paper documents, camera-captured images, and modern multimedia documents.
The topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
- Character Recognition
- Handwriting Recognition
- Graphics Recognition
- Document Image Analysis
- Document Understanding
- Document Analysis Systems
- Document Processing
- Camera-based Document Processing
- Document Databases and Digital Libraries
- Mining Document Image Collections
- Multimedia Documents and Internet Documents
- Document Forensics
- Historical Documents
- Segmentation and Restoration
- Sketching Interfaces
- Performance Evaluation
- Camera and Scene Text Understanding
- Machine Learning for Document Analysis
- Human-Document Interaction
- Language and Script in Document Understanding
- Novel Applications
- [Extended] Paper Abstracts Due: April 1, 2017 (UTC-08:00)
- [Extended] Paper Submission Due: April 7, 2017 (UTC-08:00)
- Acceptance Notification: July 1, 2017
- Camera-Ready Papers Due: August 15, 2017
- Conference: November 9-15, 2017
Submission and Review
All papers will have to be submitted through the EasyChair submission system on or before the submission deadline. ICDAR2017 will follow a double blind review process. Authors should not include their names and affiliations anywhere in the manuscript. Authors should also ensure that their identity is not revealed indirectly by citing their previous work in the third person, and omitting including acknowledgements until the camera-ready version. Please see FAQ on the submissions.
Paper format and length
Papers should be formatted with the style files/details available at Manuscript Templates for Conference Proceedings. Paper size is US letter. A complete paper should be submitted in the proper format. Papers accepted for the conference will be allocated 6 pages in the proceedings, with the option of purchasing up to 2 extra pages for JPY 10,000 (currently equals to USD 94) per page. This will have to be paid after paper acceptance and at the time of registration. The length of the submitted manuscript should match that intended for final publication. Therefore, if you are unwilling or unable to pay the extra charge you should limit yourself to 6 pages. Otherwise the page limit is 8 pages. This FAQ may help LaTeX users.
- Papers should describe original work on an ICDAR-related topic, and authors must adhere to the IAPR Statement of Ethics.
- By submitting a manuscript to ICDAR2017, authors acknowledge that it has not been previously published or accepted for publication in substantially similar form in any peer-reviewed venue including journals or conferences. Also authors confirm that no paper substantially similar in content has been or will be submitted to another conference or workshop during the review period.
- Detailed instructions to the authors are available.