Call for ICDAR2017 Awards
The ICDAR Award Program is an established program designed to recognize individuals who have made outstanding contributions to the field of Document Analysis and Recognition in one or more of the following areas:
- Training of students
- Research/Industry interaction
- Service to the profession
Every two years, two awards categories are presented:
- The IAPR/ICDAR Young Investigator Award (less than 40 years old at the time the award is made)
- The IAPR/ICDAR Outstanding Achievements Award
Each award will consist of a token gift and a suitably inscribed certificate. The recipient of the Outstanding Achievements award will be invited to give the opening key note speech at the ICDAR2017 conference, introduced by the recipient from the previous conference.
Nominations are invited for the ICDAR2017 Awards in both categories.
Please send nominations packets electronically to the Awards Committee Co-Chairs Dimosthenis Karatzas (dimos *** cvc.uab.es) and Bart Lamiroy (bart.lamiroy *** loria.fr), please replace *** with atmark.
The nomination packet should include the following:
- A nominating letter (1 page) including a brief citation to be included in the certificate.
- A brief vitae (2 pages) of the nominee highlighting the accomplishments being recognized.
- Supporting letters (1 page each) from 3 active researchers from at least 3 different countries.
A nomination is usually put forward by a researcher (preferably from a different Institution than the nominee) who is knowledgeable of the scientific achievements of the nominee, and who organizes letters of support.
Submission procedure is strictly confidential, and self-nominations are not allowed.
The deadline for receipt of nominations is May 15th, 2017 but early submissions are strongly encouraged.
- Nomination Due: May 15, 2017
The final decision will be made by the Awards Committee which is composed of the following members (ICDAR advisory board and previous awardees):